The UNFI Foundation’s application process is on an invite-only basis. 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations with a clear and substantive fit with one or more of our focus areas are welcome to complete a nomination form and be considered to receive an invitation. Unfortunately, due to the volume of inquiries, we are unable to respond to all nominations.
We do not fund:
- Direct grants to individuals
- International organizations or projects
- Political campaigns and legislative lobbying efforts
- Private foundations
- Projects that exclusively serve religious purposes
- Governmental agencies
- Sponsorships, advertising, or fundraising
2023 Funding Calendar:
|Nomination Form Deadline||2/28/2023|
|Invites to Apply Sent Out||3/31/2023|
*These dates are subject to change
The 2023 nomination period has closed. Please check back in early 2024 for more information about our 2024 grant process and timeline.
Click here to contact us with any questions about your application. Regretfully, due to the volume of requests, we are unable to respond to exploratory inquiries and hard-copy applications.